Life With the Boys!


Life With the Boys!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Carter's Baptism

Just looking at these pictures brings tears to my eyes. I feel the spirit so strongly and I am so proud of Carter and his decision that he made to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints and to receive this most special gift of The Holy Ghost. He is such a strong young man and he is growing stronger each day as he continues in his journey of life. I feel like just bearing a little of my testimony and letting him know that I know this is the TRUE gospel and I know our Father in Heaven loves us and is aware of us. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and he died for me to have an opportunity to be with my Father in Heaven again. I know that if we are diligent and strive to do our best that by the grace of our Heavenly Father we will be blessed. I know that he wants us to be happy and by serving the Lord and doing his will we will be happy. Carter I just want you to know that you are an amazing Child of God and your Heavenly Father is so pleased with you and he loves you so very much. He is always there for you and is so aware of you. He loves you. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
I just can't believe that 8 years has already passed since he was born. This was such a special day and he was so excited to be baptized by his dad and receive the gift of The Holy Ghost from his dad's uncle Darin. It was so beautiful and spiritual and I thank everyone that was there for the support for Carter and all of the love that he felt from each one of you even those that could not be there in person, but I know he felt your love and support. Thank you to Julie for that wonderful, spiritual, heart felt talk. You are amazing and we are so lucky to have you in our lives. We all love you and wanted to Thank you for everything you do for our family. Thank you to Jessica Evans and Jessica Gordon for playing the piano for Carter and his special day. Jessica Gordon you continue to be an inspiration to me and my family and you are an amazing Child of God and he loves you so much. I am so blessed to have you as a friend. Thank you. Jessica Evans you continue to blow me away. You can play the piano so beautifully and I am so grateful that you were willing to play for Carter's special day. You are such an amazing young woman and I admire you so much. You are so strong and so smart you are going to have such an amazing life. Elise, Gabi, Alicia, Ethan, Lexi, Taylor, Dallas, Morgan and Amanda thank you for singing for Carter. It was such a precious song and it sounded like angels were singing. Thank you for that. We love all of you and thank you for sharing this special day.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you for your testimony Wendy. I needed that tonight. You are an amazing woman and I love you dearly!

"T" said...

I am so happy for your family! I know excatly how you feel with having two of my boys baptized now it is one of the best feeling ever! In two more years it will be Kristen's turn and she is so excited for it. She tells me all the time mom I wish I had been born first so that I would be baptized already!

winston and jillyn egan said...

Holy cow I can't believe he is 8. I remember Julie telling me when he was born. Congrats! I'm sure you are so happy. And I still want to do Howard's pictures. He is sick right now but is on an antibiotic so he should be getting better soon...hopefully! I'll call you:)

winston and jillyn egan said...

Oh and did Julie cut her hair? It looks short in that pic!

Megan and Jon said...

What an awesome day for you guys. I wish we could have been there. It is always such a good feeling when you watch your kids choose to do the right thing.