Life With the Boys!


Life With the Boys!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town...








We set out to go visit Santa today and get gifts for each other and on our way to see Santa at the mall (because he is only at the mall on Saturdays and his helpers are there the other days) we saw Santa on the firetruck. The kids were so excited and confused. We told them that he was on the way to see them at the mall. Ammon kept saying, "I want to see the "Red Santa" after we saw the one at the mall. It was because the one at the mall didn't have the traditional red Santa suit on. I finally got that! After seeing Santa we took the kids to Target to get their gifts for each other, always fun and a challenge. Ammon was so upset that he did not get to see his gift because it's a surprise. He said, "I don't want Christmas, take the Christmas tree downstairs!" By the time we got done shopping and out the the car he forgot about it. Then we went to Chick-fil-A to eat and stopped for JCW's shakes on the way home, mmmmmm..... It was such a fun day with the kids. I always love this time that we spend together and I love how excited they are.

4 comments:

phuff said...

I always loved that part of Christmas. Still to this day I can't believe we still could get you to go when you were teenagers. I loved it so much. If you still have the pictures you should show the kids. They would get a kick out of it.

Megan and Jon said...

What a great santa too, He looks so real. I hope everyone reading already knows about "Santa" else i Just spoilt it. (whoopsie)
How are you? Looks like you have mastered the new camera, All your pics are so clean. I'm still working on a class with you. Thanks for remembering me. You are so sweet Wendy and I'm so glad we get to be able to visit and see what is going on with each other thru this blog thing instead of a couple times a year.

Megan and Jon said...

WENDY, I got ALL your gift cards today for the sub for Santa. Thank you so much. It means so much to me and warms my heart to know of all the good that are out there and want to help. I can't wait for Xmas to come and know that some family is very happy because of your goodness. Thanks so much.

Lauri said...

Caleb was confused by Santa's attire at the Mall last year! Oh well, he still managed to find him. Traditions are fun and you need to take full advantage of them while you can, things do change and it takes some getting used to!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes it is just plain hard. Hope you have a great Christmas. I tried to catch your attention yesterday in your ward but couldn't get you to look at me, I just wanted to give you a hug, maybe this coming Sunday.