Life With the Boys!


Life With the Boys!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Gratitude Rock...

Ok... so last week at church I made a gratitude rock for each of the sisters to go along with the themed practice music for this month, Gratitude. One sister in my ward had bore her testimony about her blessings and being thankful for them. She was hiking and started seeing the rocks along the way and for each rock she named a blessing. She ended up at a creek where she could see rocks up the stream, down the stream and in between. She realized that she has had so many blessings, blessings in the present and so many more to come and her heart was full. I kind of told the story wrong in RS, so I am sorry Marla, but I think the message was the same. GRATITUDE! I love this time of year to refocus on what is really important and count the many rocks of blessings that I have received. I have been thinking of the love that Heavenly Father and Jesus has for us and I am so grateful to have this knowledge. I love Christmas and the opportunity to once again celebrate Jesus' birth. I am so grateful for the opportunity to remember, celebrate and teach my children about these wonderful blessings in our lives. I am so grateful for my husband and all of his countless hours of work so that I have the opportunity to be home with my children. Jeff I am sorry for not having the best attitude at times about that! I am so grateful for my kids and all of their wonderful spirits, talents, love, tenderness, intelligence, teaching, fun and laughter that they bring to our family. I am so grateful for my warm bed at night, full stomach(even if it is not good for me!) and all of the comforts of having a home protected from the outside world. We have been so blessed and continue to have our hearts full. May I continue to remember and ponder these wonderful blessings and show my gratitude each and every day. Thank you to all my family and friends and the wonderful examples you all are to me and may you all have a blessed holiday season.
Love, Wendy

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for such a great reminder. We counted some of our blessings for FHE this week and it was really fun to see the things the kids said. Thanks for your friendship!

Megan and Jon said...

Wendy you are so cute. I keep forgetting to come here now that you dont'show up on my google reader anymore. I will do better. You pictures are looking amazing.

Lauri said...

Great message at this time of year and always. You are a Sweetheart Wendy!