Life With the Boys!


Life With the Boys!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

You do WHAT???

RULES:-Link the person who tagged you- megan
List your quirks-Tag 6 other bloggers by linking them-
List the rules on your blog.

OK.... Hmmmm... Let's see...

1. I can NOT stand to have any drawers or doors open (cabinets, dressers, doors in general) When you are done, SHUT THEM! It drives me insane. Jeff is always, always leaving them open.

2. PUT YOUR CLOTHES IN THE BASKET! I can not stand random clothes on the floor where ever... Drives me batty!! Jeff once again just gets undressed where ever is convenient for him and where do his clothes land, not in the basket in the laundry room.... Now my kids are doing the same thing... ughh!!

3. I have OCD about things just laying around randomly all over the house. Like toys, books, blocks, trucks, army stuff, you name it. I have to pick it up off the floor and a least make a neat pile on my Ottoman, kitchen bar or the landing on the stairs until it can be put in its rightful place. I just stay away from the basement then I do not go crazy!! I like things neat, but have a hard time really organizing in a very tidy way. I have piles in my office of papers neatly stacked in categories so I don't forget. But I have toooooo many piles... I have tried other methods and keep coming back to this one that drives me nuts... Anyway enough about piles.

4. I hate Laundry. I am so anxious about a laundry room full of dirty laundry. I get so discouraged and tired when I have piles. I try to do at least 3 loads of laundry a day. But I have a big problem about immediately putting it away. I stack it on the counter in the laundry room in every ones pile until it gets way too unmanageable and then it is crazy woman putting it all away... or watch out kids come and get your pile.

5. I hate it when the inside of my car is dirty. With 4 kids it is so hard to keep clutter and food out. I am working on that, but it drives me crazy... The kids have to take all their @#!$ out when we are home. But I have to admit I usually have a pile on the passengers front seat of coupons that I never seem to use before they are expired. I have such good intentions... what happens... they are right there?

6. I have to make lists... I know I think I will forget. So what ever I am thinking I have to write down before I forget then my mind can go.. oooohh.. Then I can relax but not completely until the list is gone(meaning accomplished, finished, completed). When it is on my list it will get done or I go CRAZY!!

7. When I go on vacation, I too have to have the house clean. Jeff absolutely hates it, because this is my biggest concern. I have to have all the laundry done, dishes done and dishwasher empty. Beds made(not always fresh, I have to admit!), rooms clean, bathrooms scrubbed, floors scrubbed and vacuumed. Then when I get home it is not an overwhelming task and I can enjoy a clean house for 5 minutes...

8. I never go upstairs or downstairs empty handed. If I need to make that jont from the main floor to one of those floors I will not waste a trip. I know I am lazy, that is why I stack things on the landing and kitchen counter until I go. This way there is no wasting. I know weird...

9. I am a little superstitious. Not as much as my mom and brother, but a little. Like the normal, well what is normal? Knock on wood, don't walk under ladders, don't step on cracks, etc... and I like to read Jeff and I's horoscope in the Sunday paper. It seems to be pretty on... hmmm

10.One more... I have to have chairs pushed into the table and bar stools pushed in under the bar. When you are done... push them in. REALLY it is not any more work than just scooting it out to get out... then scoot it back in. I am sounding like a CRAZY WOMAN!! I think I might be. Now that I am writing this all down I feel like it is a therapy session... I am nice really!!! Some of them sound like pet peeves other than quirks !

OK ENOUGH RAMBELING... It is your turn. I tag everyone. Seriously it is a little therapy session and I will be checking... Just Kidding Have fun!!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

Wendy I wish things like that bothered me more. I have to have my drawers and cupboards closed too. Just because it hides the mess. hehe. The laundry, well that is the worst for me. I do the piles and then come and get it thing.

Lauri said...

Seems like we have some similar "quirks" Wendy, I hate clutter and things out of place.