Life With the Boys!


Life With the Boys!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Carter is so grown up...

Carter mowing the lawn for the 1st time
What a great job!
That mower just looks way to big for his little body
Jeff enjoying the new found freedom
Carter stopped the mower and had to restart it. Pull....

So I asked Jeff to mow the front lawn for me and a few minutes later I hear the doorbell ring. I go to answer it and Jeff just points to Carter. He is mowing the lawn. Yeah! I am going to have a child that can help mow the lawn. I am so proud of him. He is getting to be a young man already! It is bitter-sweet at this point. The years have just flown by. I can't believe it in just a blink look at him. On the other hand he is starting to really become his own person and I am a little worried. This morning he hit Carson so I told him to go sit on his bed. He said, "NO!" I just gritted my teeth and said, "every time you tell me no, I will add one more minute." So after 3 minutes added he said, "I hate you!" Oh that cut me. I know that at some point in time every parent hears this. It just made me so sad. I try to do things for the best and to teach him. This is the first time he has ever said that. I am realizing that we are hitting a new stage in life and I need to be on my toes even more. I love him so much and I can't wait to see what a great man he becomes. Please help remind me of this when I am about to ring his neck....
P.S. He is wearing his helmet because he was riding his bike!!

1 comment:

winston and jillyn egan said...

I wondered what the helmet was for...that's so funny! And awesome he can do that now. He looks like he is doing a good job to all the lines are straight! And the "I hate you"...I'm so dreading that!